Grove Rugby Football Club Limited ("the Club") Rules
These rules of the Club are made pursuant to Article 86 and Article 87 of the Club's Articles of Association. The terms used shall have the same meaning as in the Articles of Association which are available in the Clubhouse or from the Secretary. Where there is any inconsistency between these Rules and the Articles of Association, the provisions of the Articles of Association shall prevail. Where references to the Articles of Association are made in these Rules, these references are purely to assist the Members of the Club.
1. The Club colours shall be a combination of red, white and blue shirts, navy blue shorts and red socks. The Board shall be empowered to organise a Club badge and to make such amendments to its design from time to time as are necessary.
2. Members must at all time have proof of membership when on the Club premises.
3. There will be the following types of membership with voting (V) or non-voting (NV) rights:
i. Playing Members over nineteen years of age on 1st September of each year (V)
ii. Junior Members under nineteen years of age on 1st September of each year (NV)
iii. Mini Members under twelve years of age on 1st September of each year (NV)
iv. Patrons (V)
v. Life Members (V)
vi. Social Members (NV)
vii. Visiting Sports Club Members (NV)
viii Temporary Members (NV)
ix Spouse/Partner Members (NV)
x Vice President (V)
xi Coach (V)
4. Voting Members are entitled (under the Articles of Association) to receive notice of, attend and vote at general meetings of the Club; propose and second candidates for election; receive all Club publications; and to such other membership rights as the Club in general meeting shall from time to time determine.
5. Non-Voting Members are entitled to receive all Club publications and such other membership rights as the Club in general meeting shall from time to time determine. They are not entitled to receive notice of, attend or vote at general meetings of the Club or propose or second candidates for election.
6. The subscription year runs from 1st September until 31st August (inclusive) of the following year. Subscriptions for each year shall be set by the Board from time to time in accordance with the Articles of Association. Failure to pay by 1st October of each year may mean re-application for membership for each non-payment of subscriptions. Members joining after 1st January of each year are only liable for one-half of the annual subscription.
7. Any member may introduce guests to the Club and any player, coach, other team representative, match official or spectator attending the Club's premises (by invitation of the Club) who is not a member shall be a guest of the Board, provided that no one whose membership has been declined or who has been expelled from the Club may be introduced as a guest. The names and addresses of all guests and the name of the member signing them in shall be entered into a book maintained for the purpose, such book to be kept on the premises.
8. Members of visiting opposition teams and their supporters shall be collectively entitled to use the Club's facilities on the day of the prescribed fixtures providing the Grove host captains enter the visiting club's name and team designation into the Visitors Book.
9. Visiting club membership is only open to named "User Clubs" as defined in the lease. The membership fee shall be decided on after negotiation with the interested parties.
Termination of Membership
10. The Board has power under the Articles of Association (Articles 8 and 9) to expel any member.
11. The purchase of intoxicating liquor for the supply by the Club shall be at the absolute discretion of a Bar Sub-Committee of not less than three members being members over the age of 18 and elected by the members.
12. If any member of the Bar Sub-Committee for any reason ceases to be a member, he automatically ceases to be a member of the Sub-Committee and another member must be elected by the members in his place.
13. The Board shall appoint a member to the Clubhouse Liaison Committee.
14. There shall be, inter alia, the following Sub-Committees
- Sub-Committee Chairman
- Disciplinary Elected Director
- Social Social Secretary
- Selection Club Captain
- Bar Bar Manager
- Clubhouse Clubhouse Manager
- Other Officials
15. The members of the Board shall ratify if possible the appointment of the Captains of each playing team. These playing Captains will be elected at a meeting of the Playing Members of the Club to be held at least seven days before the annual general meeting. The Club Captain shall be responsible for the arranging of this meeting.
16. Role Descriptions for each officer and Board member of the Club shall be kept by the Secretary and shall be available for members on request. These shall be amended from time to time by the Board as it sees fit.
17. The Club's financial year shall end on 31st March each year.
18. The permitted hours for supply of intoxicating liquor will at all times comply with the Licensing Act 2003, and will be as agreed with the applicable Licensing Authority.
19. Actual opening hours, conforming to the limits stated above, will be at the discretion of the Board.
20. No one may directly or indirectly derive any pecuniary benefit from the supply of intoxicating liquor, tobacco and other refreshments by on behalf of the Club to members or guests apart from any benefit accruing to the Club as a whole and apart also from any benefit which a person derives indirectly by reason of the supply giving rise to or contributing to a general gain from the carrying on of the Club.
21. No person shall be paid, at the expense of the Club, any commission, percentage or similar payment on or with reference to purchases of intoxicating liquor, tobacco or refreshments by the Club.
Date: 14 May 2009.