New to the Club; interested in joining?
This page is intended to help people new to, and wishing to join, the Club (or website).
Let us know if it doesn't give you the information and answers you want immediately. This will help us make the page and site better for you and for other people.
Click here for initial and general points of contact(s) for any question, etc.
The Club is always welcoming of new players of all experience, including returning players (there's a Senior squad suitable for all ages and abilities). We are both competitive and friendly, aim to play fast and exciting rugby, and have players of all levels.
- We have Mini and Junior squads, running from Under-6 to Colts (Under-17/18). Sadly, we do have a minimum age for players -- Year 1 school age is the youngest. This means all six- and some five-year old's can play.
- We have Girls teams at Under-13, Under-15 and Under-18, and mixed at younger levels.
- We also have Men's Senior, Ladies' and Men's Veterans teams.
The best first move is usually to contact the Lead Coach of the team or age group you are interested in (see list of team website areas below). Currently, these contacts might not be available for every team, so please use the contact form in these instances, from where your message will be forwarded to the appropriate contact.
Typically, a Coach will suggest you then come along to a training session to meet everyone and give the Club a go. At the outset, you will normally need at least appropriate training kit, including studded boots (and, for Under-9s upwards, mouth guard). You don't immediately need to join the Club or pay fees, until you are certain you are ready.
- Low-cost mouthguards are normally available from the club shop.
- Football boots are fine for younger players, but older forwards in particular benefit from proper rugby boots (more and larger studs, available in both modern low- and traditional high-ankle styles). Important that boots are a good fit and studs are frequently checked for tightness and safety (no sharp edges). The Club shop may have a selection of out-grown boots (do hand in any no longer needed).
We would love to welcome you the Club!
We welcome and host Touring Sides every year, from England and other Countries -- Seniors, Juniors and Minis. Get in touch!
For teams wishing to make contact with their counterparts at Grove, please first check the team links below for a direct contact. If unavailable, use the contact form, and we'll forward your message to the appropriate contact.
WEBSITE AND FEEDBACK
This website was inaugurated in summer 2010. It is already popular, busy and stacked with content, but we appreciate it is far from perfect. Please do use contact form to let us know how the site could be improved, information you were looking for but couldn't find, or any other problems encountered.
Club Members and Supporters: do please make the effort to register for the website. Amongst other things, this will provide access to additional content and weekly email newsletters. Only paid-up Members of the Club are given full access to the website and its facilities.
Parents, Club Staff (Directors, Coaches, Team admins) and Players can apply for specific membership levels that provide tailored or additional features, e.g. Player Profiles, ability to post News items, Event information, or Team management (fixtures, communication, etc.).
The Club Webmaster is very happy to provide help to Coaches and others wishing assistance in learning how to use or make the most of the website. Use the contact form to get in touch.